Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tyler Notebook

An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again
by Matsuo Basho


As most of you probably know, this is a haiku.  If you’re someone who likes short, terse, poetic pieces, haikus are for you.  There are also ABC, lyrical, free verse, and couplet poems.

If you’re not a poetry kind of person, then perhaps short stories or response essays.  There’s nothing like reading a short essay while enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee.  At least it excites me.

Personally I am always interested in reading what others write, especially when it’s ambiguous or controversial. 

Anyway, the point is last week I realized that John Tyler had what’s called, “The Tyler Notebook.”  It’s this site where writers from the school get together and post material that they’ve worked on.  I believe it’s the writer’s club that sponsors the site.

I took some time to read a couple of pieces that they did and I’ve really been enjoying the work so far.  As I am still flipping through their works, I would, if you’re into literature, take a look at the site.

Even if you don’t like reading, they have a lot of short stories and poems that are easy reads and quite entertaining.

Below is the hyper link to the site, so check it out:

http://cwcblog.weebly.com/index.html

Poem Site:http://www.poemofquotes.com/famoushaiku/basho.php

-Point of view-Kyle Rudnick
-Megan Way

No comments:

Post a Comment