Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl XLV



As hopefully all of you know, Sunday is the big day.  Super Bowl XLV in Arlington, Texas.This year’s competitors are the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers.  Both are legendary teams who have a couple of Super Bowls under their belt.
The Steelers have been in the Super Bowl seven times, making 2011 the eighth time, winning six of those seven.  Super Bowl IX, X, XIII, XVI, XL, and XLIII.  The Steelers lead the NFL in the most Super Bowl wins.  They have only lost one Super Bowl so far, Super Bowl XXX, losing to the Dallas Cowboys.  Pittsburgh’s last Super Bowl win was on February 1, 2009.


The Packers have been in the Super Bowl four times, making 2011 the fifth time, winning three of the four times.  Super Bowl I, II, and XXI.  The Packers won the first two NFL Super Bowls in 1967 and 1968.  The Packers lost one Super Bowl to the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXXII.  Green Bay’s last Super Bowl win was back on January 26, 1997.
So personally, I’m a huge New York Jets fan and I was pissed off when Pittsburgh beat us.  We lost the second Championship in a row.  Last year I cheered for the New Orleans Saints because I don’t like the Indianapolis Colts.  So this year, I’m again cheering for an NFC team.  I’ve always hated the Steelers and I don’t have a problem with the Packers, so I’ll be wearing green and yellow on Sunday.
So even though I’m cheering for the Packers, I have my doubts about this game, but I’m going to take a risk and say that it will be Green Bay over Pittsburgh 24-21.
What do you think the score will be?
And I must say that, I’m happy to see that the New England Patriots aren’t in the Super Bowl again.

Pic. 1 & 2: http://www.chrissniderdesign.com/NFLlogos.html
Pic. 3: http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2010/02/04/north-texas-super-bowl-xlv-logo-revealed/

-Kyle Rudnick

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the text graphics the colors are perfect, I like the green and yellow. 31 to 24

    ReplyDelete