Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feed Your Soul


“And what, Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul.” Oh Plato, that might be so, but there are tastier ways to feed our souls.

blogs.centrictv.com

On February 16th, at the Midlothian campus in room C109, you will have a chance to get a taste of true soul food at the Celebration of Soul Food Festival.  That day from 12pm to 2pm the John Tyler Community College will be offering 300 people the chance to get a plate of this southern, heart-warming food.
 To reserve yourself a FREE ticket to get a plate of heaven, you can contact the Student Activities Office from now until February 15th, but you better hurry and reserve your ticket now! Don’t let there be a chance for your soul to go hungry!  And to keep with Plato’s suggestion, you can always feed your soul with knowledge in the College’s library. The librarians there would be more than happy to help you find the perfect “food” to satisfy you.
Super cool food quotes:
“Training is everything.  The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.”  - Mark Twain
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.” -  Desiderius Erasmus



-Megan Way

2 comments:

  1. Such fun quotes. Love that Twain one and the dropped candy bars. Definitely gettin a ticket - I hear there's mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOMS! I got my ticket today. I missed it last year and I am NOT going to make that mistake again.

    ReplyDelete